Friday 10 June 2011

My college days

The night’s shadow was still upon illumination
Darkness still had a hold on the sapphire dawn
I sat on a park, watched the unfolding scene
An upside down tree stood staunchly ahead of me

Its silent murmurs of leaves charmed innocence
Reminded me of the college days in resonance
In my mind dawned the golden reminiscence
When I learned the priceless independence

The days when the blue sky had a special meaning
The emerald leaves laughed told us the fun of living
Every dawn was anticipation for affable meeting
And I jumped from bed to refresh and run for learning

The spring in my steps laughed at boredom
The college promised novelty and freedom
In the boring subjects we sought imitation kingdom
A refreshment us brought expressions random

At home I brightened everyone with laughter
With coolness and bravery for chasing a monster
I became me; challenged the universe, I am center
In laughing and living, nay I never thought of after

The friends, alumina and every character
Brought me wisdom and fun in one platter
To gaze upon anytime with tears and laughter
Etched in memory are  my college days ever

A Poem by Dr Latha R Warrier

No comments:

Post a Comment